What were you doing December 10, 2013 at 9 pm central standard time? I can tell you what I was doing. I was sitting in front of my television, watching the Victoria Secret models sashay down a stage in luxurious undergarments with the most amazing wings. I have to admit the wings are my favorite part. I say to myself every year “Next year I’m going to make a pair of those wings and be a Victoria Secrets model for Halloween.” It never happens but the thought is nice.
Read below for a guest post from my girl Khendra.
- Baking Soda
- Add a few drops of essential oil to some baking soda, you have something that not only kills odor in the room but emits a fresh scent. You smell that? I smell that. And it’s not the dog. Oh yea!
- Teeth Whitener – Dip your toothbrush in there and brush regularly with your toothpaste. (And to be honest, if we ran out of toothpaste when I was younger, we used plain old Baking Soda. My Grandma was a wise woman.)
- Apparently it helps unclog your gas…The intestinal kind. (I heard this from my family. You might want to Google that for details.)
- You can use it to clean almost anything in your house, including unclogging drains
- Exfoliate all over. You can put a bit in your hands when you wash your face to double as an exfoliator. Beware of using it daily, there’s always the risk of tearing the skin. Or mix it with water and rub it all over your body before you shower.
Sprinkle a generous amount in your hand. With your free hand sprinkle water on it until it’s a nice sticky, but a tad bit watery, paste.
I have some pretty amazing friends. No, really.
One of which I asked to do a guest post on fall fashion. She is my personal stylist even tho she is approximately 1,100 miles away from me. We do enough Hangout’s and GroupMe chats over fashion to either drive someone completely insane, or inspire them to shop until they drop. She really knows her stuff. After going to the Fall NYFW this year, I asked her to share with me what stood out to her the most.
And yes, we’re smack in the middle of Fall, but better late than never, right?
Read more below.